Looking to do something special with your life?
Want to make a difference, working with adolescents and families?
Looking for a career and not just a job?
Become a Clinician at The New Foundation.
The New Foundation is a growing not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for youth, ages 11 to 17, and their families by providing therapeutic behavioral health and education programs. Since 1970, The New Foundation has been helping youth and families live healthier, more successful lives by creating “a new foundation” for growth and recovery, utilizing a strength based, positive approach.
We are seeking a Master's level Clinician/Therapist to provide individual, family, and group therapy to adolescents referred for treatment along the continuum of care at The New Foundation, including residential, outpatient and in-home services.
The Clinician/Therapist facilitates individual, family, and group therapy for clients enrolled in residential, group home, and outpatient programs. Clients receive intensive services to address mental health, emotional, behavioral, or substance abuse issues in a trauma informed, supportive, and strengths-based environment.
The Clinician/Therapist must have a Master's degree in counseling, social work,
or related behavioral health field, and be licensed through the Arizona Board
of Behavioral Health Examiners, or in the process. (LAC, LMSW, LASAC, LMFT,
LPC, LCSW, LMFT, LISAC) Experience in substance abuse is a plus. Strong
teamwork and client advocacy skills are essential, as well as understanding of
the Strengths Model. Please review our website for information on our facility
and our mission at www.thenewfoundation.org.
Additional responsibilities include;
- Establish positive professional relationships with the clients to identify positive strengths within the clients and enhance positive change.
- Help clients identify the purpose behind their behaviors and explore healthy and effective alternatives.
- Use evidence-based, trauma informed therapeutic interventions to move the client toward success.
- Establish positive relationships with the families of clients and assist the family to make positive changes as a system.
- Facilitate clinical group therapy
- Be available for crisis intervention
- Develop specialized treatment plans for each client that can help them achieve success in treatment.
- Maintain clinical records in accordance with all local, state and federal laws and The New Foundation’s policy and procedures.
- Minimum Master’s Degree in counseling, social work, or related behavioral health field.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Positive and upbeat
- Able to function in a high stress environment
- Caring and compassionate
- Willingness to learn
- Possess or obtain a level one fingerprint clearance card from Department of Public Safety
- Pass drug screen
- Valid AZ drivers’ license
- Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of cultural issues and be respectful of differencesImportant Notes
Bi-lingual in English/Spanish a PLUS, but not
Able to pass drug screen
Possess, or have the ability to acquire a Fingerprint Clearance card from AZ DPS
A lot of opportunity for professional growth and advancement.
is dependent upon experience and credentials.
Benefits available for Full Time employees include Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance as well as paid Vacation, Sick and Personal Days. *Clinical supervision provided by board registered clinical supervisor
Our campus is located in beautiful Scottsdale with access to the Indian Bend Wash Greenbelt, close to the 101 Freeway and 202 Freeway.